Who’s to say that we can’t get dressed up and have a few drinks from the comfort of our own homes? Us fashionistas cannot seem to enjoy our usual fun weekend sipping on espresso martinis. Let’s also spice it up with some fun drinking games. Grab your glass, cosiest knits, some comfy slippers (we recommend our Fluffy slippers). Rally up the troops, whether it be your roomies or even organise a virtual zoom games night with your faves. Let the night begin!
Have you ever played Never Have I Ever? Here we have the slightly more *ahem* grown up version. All players take turns starting their sentences with “Who is most likely too…”
Who is most likely to be a millionaire? Who is most likely to wear their clothes inside out in a big meeting? Who is most likely to own 100 dogs? At the count of three everyone points to whoever in the group they think is “most likely too”! (Or write on a piece of paper and hold up to the camera If playing virtually!)Whoever has the most fingers pointed at them takes a shot!
Remember 2nd Grade maths? Yes, neither do we! Grab your favourite cocktail/or mocktail and settle in for a little refresher course. In your group go around and start counting, you can even say 3 numbers at a time. The only rule is you cannot say the number ‘7’ or any multiples of 7 at any point counting around the circle. Any mistakes, and take a sip!! The more sips taken, the harder it becomes to keep count!
This one is our favourite - you just can't help but crack a smile - but if you do, you loose! The game starts with everyone writing a funny sentence (read: shocking, amusing, mischievous) and places it in the centre of the group. Another player retrieves a piece of paper from the pile and reads it out loud. If anyone laughs or smiles - a drink has to be had!
To play virtually, hide your piece of paper away from your screen, when its your turn, hold up your piece of paper - if anyone on screen let's out a giggle - drinks on them!
Let's Get Shaking!
Now that we've got the games set, let's get our beverages ready. This one’s for those who want to shake it up a little bit and add some flavour into your night (or more so reduce the alcohol taste - you know what we mean). Here are our favourite top 3 cocktails with amazing mocktail substitutes!
Raspberry Mojito (source)
2 cups fresh raspberries
5 fresh mint leaves
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
60ml white rum (mocktail: replace with 90ml of raspberry juice)
½ cup sparkling or soda water
2 tbsp agave syrup
Handful of ice to serve
- Add raspberries and mint to the bottom of the boston shaker. Use a muddler (or the back of a spoon) to infuse the two together.
- Add lime juice, agave syrup and rum. Stir to mix everything together.
- Top it off with sparking or soda water. Give it a little stir.
- Garnish with mint or lime slices and serve.
Peach Billini (source)
4 medium ripe peaches, chilled
1 bottle of Prosecco, chilled (mocktail: substitute with ginger ale or grape sparkling water)
Mocktail: 1 tsp of sugar (optional)
- Peel the peaches and cut them in half, removing the pits.
- Using a blender (or food processor), blend one half of the peaches until puree consistency.
- Pour into a champagne glass and top it off with chilled Prosecco (gingle ale/graph sparkling water)
- Brew the espresso coffee and let it cool completely until cold
- Add ice to the boston shaker, then cold brew, sugar syrup, vodka and coffee liqueur
- Shake it (like a polaroid picture!) until foam begins to form.
- Strain it quickly into glass and garnish with coffee beans.
Ingredients - mocktail (source)
30ml fresh cold brew
1/8 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup skim milk
- Place all ingredients into boston shaker and shake well.
- Pour into glass and serve.
We hope this lifts your spirits during these crazy whirlwind times! Have fun, and drink responsibly!