It’s no secret that this season has been all about rich browns, creamy beiges, and all shades of chocolate in between.
According to our stylist’s fashion forecast, this trending tone is actually here to stay. Now, you might be wondering why exactly chocolate hues are so hot right now. The answer is simple, they flatter every skin tone. Whether you prefer a deeper umber or a softer camel, there is sure to be a chocolate tone to complement you.
Once you’ve decided what you need to refresh your wardrobe with this universally flattering tone, it’s time to accessorise to perfection. Simple, classic and elegant gold jewellery pairs beautifully and brings out the warm chocolate undertones in these pieces. Our stylists recommend carefully selecting a few key jewellery pieces to accentuate your outfit. In the words of a style icon, Coco Chanel, “Accessories are what makes or marks a woman…Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory”. This promises the undone yet polished, minimalistic, and classic look that she was renowned for.
If you’re ready to melt over our latest collection but need some inspiration, our stylists have round up their predictions of what will soon be your new go-to outfit. If you’re looking for the perfect chocolate dress in this season’s must-have cut out shapes and silhouettes, then our best-selling Keke Dress could be just right for you It’s no surprise that this new arrival is selling out this season and we know why. It’s a stylish choice that is so versatile. Dress it up with heels and a clutch for the perfect outfit that turns heads. Or, opt for a more casual, relaxed look with white sneakers and a denim jacket draped over your shoulders and you’re ready for a catch up with the girls.
Speaking of versatile, we need to talk about the Darcy Pants which we consider an absolute wardrobe staple. They are available in both rich chocolate or creamy white and like the Keke Dress, can be taken from everyday to evening with a quick change of accessories. Who said you have to choose between style and comfort? The Darcy Pants epitomise both and we couldn’t recommend them enough if you are on the hunt for the perfect pair.
All this talk of chocolate has made us is making us think of what’s next on the menu. So, as promised, if you love an Espresso Martini; this one is for you. Keep reading for our go-to Espresso Martini recipe, with a chocolate twist (it’s only fitting right?!)
CHOCOLATE-ESPRESSO MARTINI RECIPE
MAKES: 4 Cocktails in a classic martini cocktail glass
- 100g or half a block of your favourite melting chocolate, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup brewed espresso, chilled
- 2/3 cup coffee liqueur, such as Kahlua
- 2/3 cup vanilla-flavoured vodka
- Combine the chocolate and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl and place over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth 2 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Dip the rims of 4 martini glasses into the melted chocolate, allowing any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Chill the glasses in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a pitcher, mix the espresso, coffee liqueur and vodka. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. In batches, add the vodka mixture and shake for 10 seconds. Strain the mixture into the prepared glasses and serve.
- Add your favourite Tim Tam or extra chocolate on the side. Chilled of course!
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentis from Food Network