If you miss travelling as much as we do, then this recipe is perfect for you. This recipe is not only delicious and SIMPLE but brings the flavour of French sweets to the comfort of your own home. Learn how to make Homemade Chocolate Croissants with a much easier baking method than a regular croissant.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 2/3 cup (113 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips or small chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or non-stick baking mat.
- Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk then set aside.
- Lightly flour your work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet then lightly dust top with flour. Use a rolling pin to roll the sheet into a 16-inch square.
- Cut the pastry square in half then cut each half into four rectangles
- Now, cut each rectangle diagonally into two triangles
- Place about 2 teaspoons of the chocolate chips along the centre of each triangle.
- Starting at the wider end, roll each triangle up. Place each croissant seam-side down so that the tip of the triangle is tucked under the rolled croissant
- Lightly brush tops of croissants with egg wash
Share and tag your creations with @esther.com.au!