- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 2/3 cup (113 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips or small chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or non-stick baking mat.
- Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk then set aside.
- Lightly flour your work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet then lightly dust top with flour. Use a rolling pin to roll the sheet into a 16-inch square.
- Cut the pastry square in half then cut each half into four rectangles
- Now, cut each rectangle diagonally into two triangles
- Place about 2 teaspoons of the chocolate chips along the centre of each triangle.
- Starting at the wider end, roll each triangle up. Place each croissant seam-side down so that the tip of the triangle is tucked under the rolled croissant
- Lightly brush tops of croissants with egg wash
Share and tag your creations with @esther.com.au!