Do you love to bake, love to eat, but hate the cleaning up? Well do we have a treat for you!
This Cake in a Mug recipe is the ultimate quick and easy dessert. The best part is there is minimal washing up to be done after it’s been enjoyed!
4 tbsps self-raising flour
2 tbsps brown sugar
2 tbsps cocoa
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 tbsps vegetable oil
3 tbsps milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
Milk chocolate, chopped (optional, and highly recommended)
- In a large mug, stir together all dry ingredients. Ensure there are no lumps. Try to make a small well in the middle.
- Pour in egg, oil, milk and vanilla.
- Mix thoroughly with a fork, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Stir through the chopped chocolate.
- Place in microwave and cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Let it sit for 2 minutes to cool before eating as it will be extremely hot.
You can drizzle over a topping of your choice, sprinkle with icing sugar or even add ice cream!