You can never go wrong with a quick and easy cookie recipe, especially when it has anything to do with chewy chocolate chip! A perfect snack with a nice warm hot chocolate or cup of tea in the up and coming Winter months.
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour , 5 Minutes
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
COOK TIME: 15 Minutes
INGREDIENTS (Bakes 12 Cookies)
1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 g)
3/4 cup brown sugar (165 g), packed
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter (115 g ), melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (155 g )
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
110 g milk or semi-sweet chocolate chunks
110 g dark chocolate chuck , or your preference
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and butter until a paste forms with no lumps.
2. Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture.
3. Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula (Be careful not to overmix, which would cause the gluten in the flour to toughen resulting in cakier cookies).
4. Fold in the chocolate chunks, then chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. For a more intense toffee-like flavor and deeper colour, chill the dough overnight. The longer the dough rests, the more complex its flavor will be.
5. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving at least 10cm of space between cookies and 5 cm of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown.
Cool before serving and Enjoy!