Stay warm this winter & sweeten it up with some delicious Hot chocolate! Here are some of our favourites, yet easy hot chocolate recipes that will rock your winter socks!
HOT CHOCOLATE WITH FRESH NUTMEG
Freshly grated nutmeg gives this hot chocolate its aromatic flavour boost.
- 9 cups of whole milk
- ½ cup of packed light – brown sugar
- 15 grams of bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped (3 cups)
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Garnish whip cream.
- Warm milk in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add sugar, and whisk until dissolved. Add chocolate, and whisk until melted. Heat until slightly thick, about 5 minutes. Whisk in nutmeg. Garnish with whipped cream.
LIQUID GOLD TAHINI HOT CHOCOLATE
Anything called "liquid gold" is good in our books. Adding tahini to this hot chocolate gives it a subtle nuttiness while boosting its thickness.
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup tahini
- 2-3 tablespoon honey, to taste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ espresso powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- whipped cream, for topping
- Sesame seeds, for topping
- In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together the milk, tahini, honey (starting with 2 tablespoons), vanilla extract, espresso powder, cinnamon, and salt. Heat until the milk is just shy of scalding, then remove from heat and add in chopped chocolate.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes before whisking together. At this point, the chocolate should be fully melted, but if it isn't, place back on heat for 1 minute. If you like your hot chocolate sweeter, taste and add another tablespoon of honey.
- Pour tahini hot chocolate into small mugs. Top with Whipped cream and sesame seed and serve!
HEALTHY DAIRY-FREE HOT CHOCOLATE
This healthy hot chocolate recipe requires only 4 ingredients and is dairy-free and naturally sweetened. It's the perfect sweet treat for a cold day; ready in just minutes!
- 1 cup almond milk (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine all the ingredients into a saucepan over high heat, using a whisk to break up any clumps. Keep stirring until smooth and piping hot, then pour into a mug and serve warm.
- Top with dairy-free whipped cream and shaved chocolate, if desired.