Getting ready for date night can sometimes feel overwhelming and anxiety-inducing. Simple decisions such as what to wear and how to do your makeup can be enough to send us frantic!
In the lead up to Valentine’s Day, we’ve teamed up with The Lab to take the stress out of one aspect of getting ready for date night: Skincare. Skin expert Hannah talks us through the steps to take when prepping your skin for date night.
STEP ONE: CLEANSE
Use a gentle, non-stripping cleanser that will help to remove any daily dirt and debris. My favourite is the range from DMK Skin. Their cleansers work to deeply remove dead cell material and toxins.
STEP TWO: EXFOLIATE
STEP THREE: MASQUE
Then we masque! Choose a masque that targets your current concerns. This is great for your skin, and will force you into a little downtime. A stressed human will have stressed skin so take this time to chill, pop on some chill tunes or guided meditation and relax for up to 20 minutes. Try our custom Esther & Co playlist as you chill in this time.
STEP FOUR: LED TREATMENT
If you can, and if bright, glowy, healthy skin is your thing, then head to your local beauty studio for a quick near infrared LED light therapy treatment. Supremely powerful, safe and great for a quick nap, LED increases cellular energy, accelerates healing, assists in age management, stimulates your parasympathetic nervous system, and will get you glowing fast.
STEP FIVE: GET DRESSED
To finish your date night look, pop on your favourite outfit from our Date Night Collection, and you’re good to GLOW.
- Milk Cleanser - a non stripping, soothing cleanser to remove daily dirt and debris.
- Beta Gel - our biggest seller by far. Stimulates the skin's immune cells and is more hydrating than hyaluronic acid.
- Herbal Pigment Oil - a nourishing, barrie repairing oil with brightening properties.
- Herb and Mineral Mist - A topical multivitamin with supreme moisture giving properties.
- Micro Peel - a quick and non-irritating method of removing dead cells and debris to improve the appearance of dull, coarse, or wrinkled skin.
- Acu Masque - a purifying clay mask that fights acne-causing bacteria, soothes and reduces redness, and inflammation.
- Hydrating Masque - helps prevent premature ageing and helps to increase the skin's vital free water levels.